We are in process for receiving Deacon nominations for the new church year. In addition to the qualifications of deacons revealed in 1 Timothy 3:1-10, please consider the criteria below for serving as a deacon at Calvary Baptist Church.
In addition to the qualifications of deacons revealed in I Timothy 3:1-10, please consider these criteria for serving as a deacon of Calvary Baptist Church:
- Should be a Christian for a least two (2) years when term begins.
- Should be a member of the church for at least one (1) year when term begins.
- Should be a resident member of the church.
- Must be in “good standing” with the church fellowship.
- Faithfully supports the doctrines of faith as described in the Southern Baptist’s 2000 doctrinal statement The Baptist Faith and Message.
- In accordance with the Church Covenant of Calvary Baptist Church, does not abuse alcoholic beverages or drugs.
- Faithfully attends church services and programs.
- Candidate should understand that being a deacon means having to visit membership and prospects and have other personal time allocated to the various deacon ministries.
- Agrees to serve in the Deacon Family Ministry Plan and other related programs.
- Agrees to attend all regular and called Deacon’s meetings unless providentially hindered.
Active Deacons are listed below and are not eligible for nomination:
- Bo Bragg
- Jeff Brown
- Curtis Carter
- Josh Clark
- Stan Brooks
- Matt Mathis
- Bradley Brooks
- Terry Morgan
- Jeff Shope
- Randy Holder
- Bradley Smith
Please write in five (5) names of men to be considered for Deacon Nomination